Required Skills and Abilities:
- 5-10 years’ experience in boiler industry. Ideal applicant should have extensive experience troubleshooting, servicing, testing, and installing a wide variety of boiler systems and related parts and equipment.
- Must be experienced with fire-tube and water-tube boiler systems, industrial boiler/burner systems, with a diverse range of manufacturers (RBI, Parker Boiler, Webster, etc.), gas, oil, and combination burners, associated controls, electrical circuits, combustion and piping.
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting, repairing and testing of all boiler controls and system components, including linkageless controls (AutoFlame, Honeywell, etc.).
- Good communication and language skills, including full knowledge of industry-specific vocabulary.
- Ideal candidate will be adept at problem solving. Should also be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Individual should also have a thorough familiarity with applicable boiler related standards.
- Should be proficient in basic mathematics, including algebra and formulas.
- Must have earned high school diploma or equivalent. Must have completed two years of trade school, technical school, or community college.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Computer proficiency is preferred.
- Successful applicant will be responsible for performing all types of boiler maintenance as well as regular internal and external inspections of boilers, burners, and associated controls.
- Individual will be required to assess and perform any replacements or repairs to all types of boiler system related parts and controls.
- Will need to troubleshoot any issues, proficiently repair, install and perform testing on all types of boilers.